Thursday, January 22, 2009

Anticipation!

Mommy & Daddy To Be

I know many of you are familiar with the Carly Simon hit "Anticipation". The chorus goes like this:

Anticipation. Anticipation
Is making me late, is keeping me waiting.

That's just what I have been doing since last night at 7:06 p.m. when our daughter called to tell us our grand-daughter, Caroline Elizabeth had decided she wanted to make her debut in January instead of February. Sooooo, all night and all day I have been waiting and waiting and waiting. Anticipating, and anticipating and anticipating. I am so thankful for telephones, text messaging and emails!!! Being 740 miles apart is not an easy thing to deal with anytime let alone when your first grand-baby is about to arrive! Mother, Father and Baby are doing fine at this point, it's just been a long night. Things are moving a little slow, but I just received an update that they are starting to make some progress now. Little Mother's biggest complaint is that she's starving!! Her last meal was at noon yesterday and she says as soon as she gives birth she want a big Coke and something greasy!! That's not her normal very health conscious diet. Please pray that things go smoothly and quickly with no complications. I know patience is a virtue, but it's hard for a first time Grand-Momma to demonstrate patience at a time like this! I'm not anxious, just eager and excited for her to get here! As soon as she does I'll introduce her to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness...sorry I missed this, but I don't think it was up when I left my previous comment!

    I know you must be so very excited for that sweet grandbaby to arrive! I can't imagine being 740 miles away...that has to be very hard! Please rest assured that I will say a prayer that everything goes well with the delivery! Be sure to post about the grand news when it happens!

    By the way, I noticed that you have the Praying for Harper widget on your sidebar. Harper is my cousin's first granddaughter! Don't know if you've seen Kelly's update, but they've reduced Harper's oxygen level to 77% today and she's doing great! God is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grandbaby. I will definitely keep your daughter and your family in my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get Blogger to let me leave a comment above, but I just wanted to say your new grandbaby is precious! I think she looks like Mom. :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth,
    Thanks for stopping by to say hi today. Congratulations on your new granddaughter. She is just precious!
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete